Learn how to make these delicious Portuguese fried orange dreams (sonhos de laranja).
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||25 min|
|Ready In||40 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
2 cups of water1 cup of butter1 pinch of salt1 orange, juice and peel2 and 1/3 cups of flour7 eggsFrying oilSugar and cinnamon powder for sprinkling Get Portuguese ingredients
- In a pan, heat the water with the butter, the salt and the orange peel.
- When it boils, add the flour all at once and stir with a wooden spoon until it's well disolved.
- Remove from the heat and transfer the dough to another container to cool slightly and remove the orange peel.
- Add the eggs one by one, kneading after each egg.
- Finally, add the orange juice and blend it well in the dough.
- Heat the oil and with the help of a tablespoon dispose small amounts of dough on the hot oil.
- Remove when they turn golden brown.
- Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
How to make a caldeirada de peixe with Angela Castro, a traditional Portuguese fish stew that is popular in coastal regions of Portugal, particularly in the Algarve and Lisbon.
Tia Maria's Blog has received millions of visitors and has over 40,000 social media followers from countries around the world.
Portugal is located in southwest Europe, it shares its western and southern borders with Spain and is surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean to the west and south, Lisbon is the capital and largest city of Portugal.