These Portuguese olive oil biscuits are very quick and simple to make and make a great snack.
3 eggs2/3 cup of sugar1/2 cup of olive oil3 cups of flour1 egg yolk1 tablespoon of milkSugar to sprinkleGet Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- Preheat oven to 180ºC or 350ºF.
- Place the flour in a bowl, open a hole in the center and add the eggs, olive oil and sugar.
- Knead all the ingredients until you get a moldable dough.
- Mold pieces of the dough with your hands to the shapes of your choice.
- Mix the egg yolk with the spoon of milk and brush the biscuits.
- Sprinkle each biscuit with a little sugar and bake for about 10 to 12 minutes in a tray lined with parchment paper (you will probably need 2 cookie trays).
Please Leave a Comment
You might also like
These delicious and buttery quick butter biscuits (biscoitos de manteiga) are very easy to make.
|Level of Difficulty||Very Easy|
Farturas is a traditional Portuguese dessert that is a combination of funnel cake and churros and is very popular in Portugal.
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
Eddy,I did preheat oven, one sheet in the middle rack, the other right under it to the side of it and after 6 minutes I switched them. That’s what I do with Biscoitos. After 12 min. I looked though glass door of even and neither of them had started to brown..After 20 min. It did but were hard as rocks...Oh well.Think I will stick to Biscoitos they always come out for me..no worries. Keep them coming you and your wife are doing a great job posting them, especially for us that remember most of these recipes from childhood!! God bless you both..
11 Months ago, Tuesday, September 14, 2021
Unfortunately, it didn’t work well for me at all. Don’t think at 350f is correct..didn’t brown not even after 20 minutes..
11 Months ago, Sunday, September 12, 2021