This delicious Portuguese style home cod makes a great weekday meal for the family.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||40 min|
|Ready In||55 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
3 cod slices1 pound (lb) of potatoes, cut into cubes1 chopped onion2 cloves of garlic, minced1 bay leaf1 handful of black olivesChopped parsley1 tablespoon of mild pepper sauceOlive oil (to taste)Breadcrumbs (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Heat a pan with water, add the cod, bring to a boil and let it cook for about 10 minutes.
- Once cooked, let it cool, remove the skin and bones, shred it and put aside.
- In the same water you baked the cod in, cook the potatoes (about 15 minutes), but don't let it overcook.
- Once cooked, drain and set aside.
- Heat a pan with a good amount of olive oil, add the onion, the garlic and the bay leaf, stir, let it brown, than add the mild pepper and stir.
- Add the cod, cook 2 or 3 minutes stirring constantly.
- Add the potatoes and the olives, mix everything and cook it for a while, without stopping to stir.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and stir.
- Pour everything into a baking dish, sprinkle with breadcrumbs and bake until golden brown.
You might also like:
Do you want to know how to select the best beef for your cooking needs? Read on. Whatever method you choose to prepare the beef you pick, the same requirements apply when selecting the meat.
Everyone is aware of the health benefits of fresh fruit juices, but no one has the time to prepare fresh fruit juices on a daily basis. As a result, people prefer to prepare large quantities of fresh fruit juices at...
The Azores are not the most obvious place to consider for a vacation, but they are one that is worth considering if you are looking for something different from the norm.