Portuguese Home Cod Recipe
Posted in: Fish / Seafood
Nov 7, 2017
0 out of 5 with ratings
3 cod slices1 pound (lb) of potatoes, cut into cubes1 chopped onion2 cloves of garlic, minced1 bay leaf1 handful of black olivesChopped parsley1 tablespoon of sweet chili pepperOlive oil (to taste)Breadcrumbs (to taste) Get these ingredients
- Heat a pan with water, add the cod, bring to a boil and let it cook for about 10 minutes.
- Once cooked, let it cool, remove the skin and bones, shred it and put aside.
- In the same water you baked the cod in, cook the potatoes (about 15 minutes), but don't let it overcook.
- Once cooked, drain and set aside.
- Heat a pan with a good amount of olive oil, add the onion, the garlic and the bay leaf, stir, let it brown, than add the sweet pepper and stir.
- Add the cod, cook 2 or 3 minutes stirring constantly.
- Add the potatoes and the olives, mix everything and cook it for a while, without stopping to stir.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and stir.
- Pour everything into a baking dish, sprinkle with breadcrumbs and bake until golden brown.