Portuguese Pineapple Tarts Recipe
Posted in: Snacks
Nov 7, 2017
2 out of 5 with 11 ratings
Dough:2 and 1/3 cups of flour1/2 cup of softened salted butter + a little extra to grease the cups1/2 cup of powdered sugar1 teaspoon baking powder1 eggFilling:14 ounces of fresh pineapple, peeled and cut into very small cubes2 cups of sugar2 eggs + 2 yolks1 1/4 cup of water Get these ingredients & more
- Put the sugar in a small pot, along with the water, bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the pineapple cubes and boil for another 5 minutes, than remove the pan from the heat and let it cool.
- In a bowl, mix the eggs with the egg yolks and add the eggs to the prepared pineapple, mixing very well and set aside.
- In a bowl, add the flour, the egg, the powdered sugar, the butter previously cut into small pieces and the baking powder and knead until a homogeneous dough is obtained.
- Form a ball with the dough and wrap it in sticky film.
- Leave to rest in refrigerator for about 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC or 350ºF.
- Grease muffin cups/trays with butter.
- Remove small portions of the dough and flatten them in a circular shape, place the dough in each cup, pressing with the fingers to the bottom and sides, don't leave the dough layer too thick.
- Fill the cups with the pineapple preparation and bake for approximately 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool completely before unmolding gently.
- Serve at room temperature.
A recipe adapted from the magazine TeleCulinária nº1520 (Portugal)
You Might Also Like These