This Portuguese pork with chestnuts recipe (receita de carne de porco com castanhas) is delicious.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||40 min|
|Ready In||55 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
1 3/4 pounds of pork loin1 pound of chestnuts, precooked and peeled 1 tablespoon of sweet pepper sauce or paste3 cloves of garlic1 bay leaf1 cup of white wine5 tablespoons of olive oilSalt (to taste)Pepper (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Cut the meat into cubes and season with the chopped garlic cloves, the bay leaf, the pepper sauce and salt and pepper, mixing very well.
- Let it stand for 30 minutes, then heat the oil, add the meat and let it cook until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Add the wine and bring to a boil.
- Then add the nuts, cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot with cubed fries.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
Azores - an extremely green and isolated place, with a unique climate and ecstatic scenery. In this episode we will travel to San Miguel, Faial, Flores Islands and see what the largest endemic collection of plants...
How to make Portuguese coconut biscoitos, a traditional Portuguese biscuits made with coconut. These delicious treats are popular in Portugal and among Portuguese communities around the world.
Trying Portuguese Food in the Algarve. It's our final day here in Portugal and we through we would head out and try some of the local Portugal food.
Top 20 places to visit in Portugal .
This young American couple find paradise in Peniche, Portugal, and the Berlenga Island.
Join me as I show you how to effortlessly make Portuguese bread rolls. You will never go for the store bought ever again. :-)