This Portuguese collard greens rice recipe is great with fried fish (stingray, flounder or black sword fish for example).
|Preparation time||10 min|
|Cooking Time||25 min|
|Ready In||35 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
1 1/4 cups of rice3 cups of water1 French leek, chopped1 medium onion, chopped1 clove of garlic, chopped1 bay leaf3 tablespoons of tomato pasteHalf cube of Knorr beef (broth)Hand full of collard greens leaves, choppedHalf a cup of white wineOlive oil (to taste)Salt (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Saute the onion, the leek and the garlic in olive oil until brown.
- Add the wine and the tomato paste, let it boil a bit and add the bay leaf.
- Add the water and when it starts to boil, add the rice.
- Add the half knorr cube and the collard greens leaves.
- Season with salt and let the rice cook over medium heat.
- When it is almost cooked turn off the heat, cover the pan for 5 minutes and serve with fried fish.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
Here's a step by step guide from making the meat marinade to putting everything together in the exact sequence that makes this meal super yummy.
Watch this amazing video of flying into Europe's most dangerous airport in Madeira and meet co pilot and first officer Patricia.
On this video, popular cook Maria Lawton - The Azorean Greenbean shows you how to make biscoitos de nata (biscuits with cream).