Portuguese Kale Rice Recipe
Posted in: Side RecipesSun, Nov 12, 2017
3 out of 5 with 23 ratings
1 1/4 cups of rice3 cups of water1 French leek, chopped1 medium onion, chopped1 clove of garlic, chopped1 bay leaf3 tablespoons of tomato pasteHalf cube of Knorr beef (broth)Hand full of kale leaves, choppedHalf a cup of white wineOlive oil (to taste)Salt (to taste) * Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- Saute the onion, the leek and the garlic in olive oil until brown.
- Add the wine and the tomato paste, let it boil a bit and add the bay leaf.
- Add the water and when it starts to boil, add the rice.
- Add the half knorr cube and the kale leaves.
- Season with salt and let the rice cook over medium heat.
- When it is almost cooked turn off the heat, cover the pan for 5 minutes and serve with fried fish.
Like this Recipe? Leave a comment!