This Portuguese creamy golden cod (bacalhau dourado) recipe is very easy to prepare if you have everything ready.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||30 min|
|Ready In||45 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
3 eggs, beaten3 cooked and shredded cod slicesFried potato rounds1/2 cup of milkBreadcrumbs (to taste)3 onions, sliced3 cloves of garlic, chopped1 bay leafWhite wine (to taste)Margarine (to taste)Salt (to taste)Black olives to garnish Get Portuguese ingredients
- In a frying pan over medium heat, cook the onions with the bay leaf, white wine, garlic, margarine and salt (to taste).
- In a pyrex put a layer of fried potato rounds, a layer of shredded cod and a layer of the onion mixture.
- Repeat again with a layer of potato rounds, cod and end up with a layer of the onion mixture.
- Sprinkle with breadcrumbs, pour the milk over everything and finally the beaten eggs.
- Bake at 180°C or 350°F for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Garnish with black olives and serve.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
The Azores are not the most obvious place to consider for a vacation, but they are one that is worth considering if you are looking for something different from the norm.
This how to make bolo do caco from Madeira Island cooking video shows you how to make this delicious bread step by step.
Visiting the Azores, Portugal ? We complete our 2018 Guide to the Azores with this list of the top 10 things to do in the Azores, as well as some general travel tips.