Portuguese Creamy Golden Cod Recipe
Posted in: Fish / Seafood
Tue, Nov 14, 2017, 06:39, 1 Week ago
0 out of 5 with ratings
3 eggs, beaten3 cooked and shredded cod slicesFried potato rounds1/2 cup of milkBreadcrumbs (to taste)3 onions, sliced3 cloves of garlic, chopped1 bay leafWhite wine (to taste)Margarine (to taste)Salt (to taste)Black olives to garnish
- In a frying pan over medium heat, cook the onions with the bay leaf, white wine, garlic, margarine and salt (to taste).
- In a pyrex put a layer of fried potato rounds, a layer of shredded cod and a layer of the onion mixture.
- Repeat again with a layer of potato rounds, cod and end up with a layer of the onion mixture.
- Sprinkle with breadcrumbs, pour the milk over everything and finally the beaten eggs.
- Bake at 180°C or 350°F for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Garnish with black olives and serve.