A very delicious Portuguese creamy milk dessert (leite creme) in very little time, enjoy.
|Preparation time||10 min|
|Cooking Time||35 min|
|Ready In||45 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
3 1/2 cups of milk1 stick of cinnamon1 lemon peel7 egg yolks1/2 cup of sugar3 1/2 tablespoons of cornstarch Get Portuguese ingredients
- In a pan, boil the milk with the cinnamon stick and the lemon peel and let it cool.
- Beat the yolks very well with the sugar and cornstarch and gradually add the milk, stirring constantly, until smooth.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly until thickened and remove the lemon peel and cinnamon stick.
- Put the cream in dessert dishes and once cool, refrigerate.
- Before serving, sprinkle with sugar and burn it with a kitchen torch if you have one.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
Top 20 places to visit in Portugal .
Join me as I show you how to effortlessly make Portuguese bread rolls. You will never go for the store bought ever again. :-)
Fish is delicious and nutritious, but it can really make your home stink sometimes, here is a tip on how to get rid of fish smell in your home.