Portuguese Creamy Milk Dessert Recipe
Posted in: Desserts
Nov 14, 2017
3 out of 5 with 40 ratings
3 1/2 cups of milk1 stick of cinnamon1 lemon peel7 egg yolks1/2 cup of sugar3 1/2 tablespoons of cornstarch Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff This site uses US measurements.
- In a pan, boil the milk with the cinnamon stick and the lemon peel and let it cool.
- Beat the yolks very well with the sugar and cornstarch and gradually add the milk, stirring constantly, until smooth.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly until thickened and remove the lemon peel and cinnamon stick.
- Put the cream in dessert dishes and once cool, refrigerate.
- Before serving, sprinkle with sugar and burn it with a kitchen torch if you have one.