Pico Island Style Bean Stew Recipe
Posted in: Pork
Nov 15, 2017
4 out of 5 with 3 ratings
1 kg of soaked butter beans1 kg of pork1 black pudding1 chouriço3 carrots2 onions2 bay leaves2 tomatoes1/2 pound of bacon1/2 cup of white wine1 bouquet of parsley4 garlic cloves1 cup of olive oil1 tablespoon of tomato pasteSalt (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff This site uses US measurements.
- Cook the butter beans in a good ammount of water.
- Once cooked, remove the beans and using the bean broth, cook the pork, the black pudding and the chouriço sausage.
- Stir in the chopped garlic, onions, carrots, bacon, parsley and bay leaves.
- When done, add the olive oil, wine, the roughly chopped tomatoes and the tomato paste and let it cook a little.
- Finally, add the stock, the chopped meat and the beans.
- On very low heat, let it reach the boiling point.
- Check the salt, turn off the heat and serve reheated after about one hour.