Portuguese Custard Tarts Recipe
Posted in: Dessert RecipesSun, Jun 27, 2021
5 out of 5 with 567 ratings
- Preheat the oven to 240ºC or 465ºF.
- In a pot, place the milk, lemon peel and cinnamon sticks.
- Heat it until it boils and turn off the heat.
- In a bowl, mix the sugar and the flour.
- Add the mixture to the milk, while still hot, stirring well with the cinnamon sticks and lemon peel.
- Remove the lemon peel and cinnamon sticks and let it cool for 10 minutes.
- Add the two eggs and the yolks.
- Stir until it forms a smooth cream.
- Bring to the heat again, stirring constantly until it thickens.
- On a work surface, place the rectangular pastry flat, brush some butter on the top part, roll the pastry into a roll and cut into 3 cm slices.
- With the help of your wet thumbs, line the molds with the pastry, spreading the pastry well to the edge.
- Pour the filling into the molds about 3/4 of the way and bake for 15 minutes, or until golden.
- Let the tarts cool down in the oven.
- Serve still warm with cinnamon sprinkled on them (optional).