Portuguese Custard Tarts Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 215ºC or 425ºF.
- Boil the milk with the lemon peel.
- Remove a little of the milk and dissolve the flour.
- Beat the yolks and the whole eggs without foaming it.
- Then add the boiled milk and the flour dissolved in milk (make sure to remove the lemon peel).
- In a pan put the sugar and water, bring to a boil and then add to the previous preparation and stir.
- Place the puff pastry in and around the cupcake tray cups, and fill them up 3/4 of the way (if you fill them too much, it will spill over and not cook properly).
- Bake for 30 minutes at 215ºC or 425ºF.
- Unmold the tarts when you remove them from the oven.
You Might Also Like These