Portuguese Orange Cake with Nuts Recipe
Posted in: Cakes / Cheesecakes
Nov 16, 2017
5 out of 5 with 1 ratings
1/4 cup of softened butter1/2 cup of brown sugar4 eggs1/2 cup of orange juiceLemon zest3/4 cup of natural yogurt1 and 1/4 cups of flour2/3 cup of cornstarchCinnamon (to taste)Sugar (to taste)Nuts (to taste) Get these ingredients & more
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC or 350ºF.
- Soften the butter and beat it with the brown sugar until it's creamy.
- Add the eggs 1 to 1 and beat between each addition.
- Add the juice, lemon zest, yogurt and beat some more.
- Sift the flours and add to the previous mixture and beat until it's well mixed.
- Grease a cake pan, put half the dough in it, sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon and add some nuts, then put in the remaining batter and top it with some more sugar, cinnamon and nuts.
- Bake it for about 40 minutes and do the toothpick test to make sure it's ready.
- Allow the cake to cool and then unmold.
You Might Also Like These