There is nothing better than a delicious roast chicken dinner, and this Portuguese roast chicken recipe makes a great meal for the whole family.
|Level of Difficulty
1 chicken1 large lemon2 garlic cloves, finely chopped6 slices of bacon, choppedA handful of fresh thyme leaves1/2 cup of butterSalt (to taste)Pepper (to taste)Olive oil (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Thoroughly wash the chicken inside and out and dry it with kitchen paper.
- With a fork or a toothpick, carefully prick the chicken breast (so the seasoning penetrates the meat better) and do the same on the thighs.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C or 350°F.
- In a bowl put the garlic, thyme leaves chopped, the butter softened and the bacon.
- Scrape the peel of the lemon, and mix together, make a paste and season with salt and pepper.
- Rub a layer of this paste in the breast and thighs.
- Rub the chicken inside and out with the rest.
- Cut the lemon in half and place it inside the chicken.
- Transfer to a baking dish and place potatoes cut into slices (with the skin) around the chicken, sprinkle with plenty of thyme, season with salt and drizzle with a good olive oil.
- Roast for about 30 to 45 minutes (depending on the oven).
- Serve the chicken with the potatoes and a salad.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
A couple who have travelled all over the world, decided to settle in Portugal. They purchased a farm, renovated it and now are moving in.
Today we are making the Portuguese alheira sausage. A Sausage that literally saved lives.
This is a list of the top 10 most popular Portuguese breakfast recipes on PortugueseRecipes.ca.