Portuguese Cod Tiborna Recipe
Posted in: SeafoodSun, Nov 19, 2017
5 out of 5 with 1 ratings
Views: 8742 - Comments 0
This Portuguese cod tiborna (fried corn bread (broa) with garlic and olive oil is very delicious.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||40 min|
|Ready In||55 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
2 cod loins1 small corn bread (broa) preferably 2 to 3 days old1 red cabbage or kale1 sliced carrotGood quality olive oil (to taste)6 cloves of garlic (to taste)Salt and pepper (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- If the cod is ready to cook, grill it and put aside.
- Heat a pan with a string of olive oil, when it's hot, add the carrot, cabbage or kale previously washed and cut roughly.
- Add a little salt, cover and wait about 5 minutes or until it's cooked.
- Cut the corn bread into slices and fry it in a frying pan with a strink of olive oil and two cloves of garlic, slightly crushed with the tip of the knife, when it's done, put aside.
- Chop 4 garlic cloves finely, add them to a generous amount of olive oil and cook until the olive oil absorbs the taste of the garlic, but be careful not to let the garlic burn. Turn off the heat and set aside.
- Shred the cod with your hands and arrange it in layers on the serving dish, alternating with the cabbage and the corn bread slices.
- Drizzle with the garlic olive oil and finish by adding a little ground pepper.
Recipe & Photo Credit: cozinhadaduxa.blogspot.pt
Member since Oct 1, 2015