Portuguese Fried Pork Recipe
- Place the pork loin in a bowl, season with the olive oil, the white wine, the pimento paste, the bay leaves and the cloves of garlic.
- Mix well, cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Heat the lard or vegetable shortening in a pot, add the meat (well drained) and cook on medium high heat for about 10 minutes.
- Reduce the heat, add the marinade, rectify the salt, season with a pinch of pepper, cover and cook for about 35 minutes or until the sauce is well seasoned and the meat is tender (if necessary, add a little warm water to ensure that you will have some sauce).
- Remove from the heat and serve decorated with pickles, olives and accompanied with cubed fries and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
You Might Also Like These