Bake this moist apple and caramel cake with freshly chopped apples for your family and friends.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||50 min|
|Ready In||1 h 5 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
5 or 6 apples1 3/4 cups of flour2 teaspoons of baking powder1 and 1/4 cups of sugar3/4 cup of milk5 1/4 oz of unsalted butter2 eggs, beaten1 cup of brown sugar1/2 cup of caramel1/2 cup of water Get Portuguese ingredients
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC or 350ºF.
- Grease a pyrex baking dish with butter and sprinkle with sugar.
- Clean, peel and slice the apples.
- Arrange them in the bottom of the pyrex dish and set aside.
- Sift the flour with the baking powder in a mixer bowl, add the sugar, milk, butter and eggs.
- Beat very well until a creamy mixture is obtained.
- Spread this batter over the apples in the pyrex.
- Bring the water to a boil with the brown sugar and the caramel and let it simmer a little on low heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Drizzle this syrup over the batter in the dish carefully and place in the oven for about 50 minutes.
- After the first 30 minutes, cover the pyrex with aluminum foil so it doesn't burn.
- Let it cool completely inside the oven before serving.
You might also like:
On this video, Pedro Ramos from Cooking Like Ramos shows you how to make an easy Portuguese seafood rice (arroz de marisco).
Here is a list of the top 10 highest rated beef recipes on PortugueseRecipes.ca.
Watch Nancy step by step on this video to learn how to make this delicious Portuguese octopus stew.