Portuguese Apple & Caramel Cake Recipe
SHARE THIS RECIPE
Posted in: Cakes / Cheesecakes
Nov 23, 2017
4 out of 5 with 16 ratings
5 or 6 apples1 3/4 cups of flour2 teaspoons of baking powder1 and 1/4 cups of sugar3/4 cup of milk5 1/4 oz of unsalted butter2 eggs, beaten1 cup of brown sugar1/2 cup of caramel1/2 cup of water
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC or 350ºF.
- Grease a pyrex baking dish with butter and sprinkle with sugar.
- Clean, peel and slice the apples.
- Arrange them in the bottom of the pyrex dish and set aside.
- Sift the flour with the baking powder in a mixer bowl, add the sugar, milk, butter and eggs.
- Beat very well until a creamy mixture is obtained.
- Spread this batter over the apples in the pyrex.
- Bring the water to a boil with the brown sugar and the caramel and let it simmer a little on low heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Drizzle this syrup over the batter in the dish carefully and place in the oven for about 50 minutes.
- After the first 30 minutes, cover the pyrex with aluminum foil so it doesn't burn.
- Let it cool completely inside the oven before serving.
You Might Also Like These