Portuguese Almond Dessert Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or 350°F.
- Heat the sugar, water and lemon zest, stir with a wooden spoon until it is almost at a boiling point and put aside.
- In a different pan, heat the almonds and the yolks and stir until it starts to boil and put it aside.
- As the almond mixture cools, beat the egg whites, add the 6 tablespoons of sugar to the egg whites and mix carefully.
- Mix the sugar / almond mixture with the egg yolks and bring to a boil until the mixture is even.
- Pour the almond mixture into a large platter, and with the help of a spoon, place the egg whites on top in little mounds.
- Bake it in the oven until it is golden on top (about 15 to 20 minutes).
You Might Also Like These