Portuguese Cod Stew Recipe
Posted in: Soups / Stews
Nov 25, 2017
4 out of 5 with 41 ratings
3 cod fillets8 medium potatoes1 large onion or 2 small3 large ripe tomatoes1/2 red pepper4 cloves of garlic1 bunch of coriander3/4 cup of white wine3/4 cup of olive oil1 teaspoon of paprika2 bay leavesWhite pepper (to taste)Salt (to taste)
- In a pot, pour the olive oil in the bottom, then add a layer of onion cut into slices, then a lawyer of potatoes cut to the thin slices.
- On top of the potatoes add the sliced cod cut into smaller pieces.
- Add another layer of potatoes and finally, the tomato cut into small pieces without skins, the garlic cloves cut into slices, the bay leaves broken into small pieces, the pepper cut into thin strips and the coriander.
- Drizzle with the white wine mixed with paprika, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover the pan and cook over medium heat.
- When it is boiling, lower the heat and simmer until the potatoes are cooked (about 15 minutes).