Portuguese Cod Stew Recipe
Posted in: SoupsSat, Nov 25, 2017
4 out of 5 with 67 ratings
Views: 69010 - Comments 4
3 cod fillets8 medium potatoes1 large onion or 2 small3 large ripe tomatoes1/2 red pepper4 cloves of garlic1 bunch of coriander3/4 cup of white wine3/4 cup of olive oil1 teaspoon of paprika2 bay leavesWhite pepper (to taste)Salt (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- In a pot, pour the olive oil in the bottom, then add a layer of onion cut into slices, then a lawyer of potatoes cut to the thin slices.
- On top of the potatoes add the sliced cod cut into smaller pieces.
- Add another layer of potatoes and finally, the tomato cut into small pieces without skins, the garlic cloves cut into slices, the bay leaves broken into small pieces, the pepper cut into thin strips and the coriander.
- Drizzle with the white wine mixed with paprika, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover the pan and cook over medium heat.
- When it is boiling, lower the heat and simmer until the potatoes are cooked (about 15 minutes).
Recipe & Photo Credit: Julieta Venâncio, receitaspraticasdeculinaria.blogspot.ca
Jehoiakim Arnold - 1 Year ago
Delicious! My 6th time making it. I used a 15 oz can of chopped tomatoes because the fresh tomatoes don’t taste like tomatoes sometimes and I used fresh parsley. For first timers, don’t worry, there is enough liquid to cook this.
[reply] (+1) (-0)
That is awesome, thanks for the feedback and tip.👍👍
1 Year ago (+1) (-0)
Madeline Simmons - 1 Year ago
I notice u use cod fillets in your recipes.....this is the regular salted cod that needs to b soaked etc...can't use regular (COD) fish.,,.and does one have to use the wine? Previously I had asked if u had a cod fish recipe using chick peas like in layers w/potatoes eggs etc Thank u for all u do...it's really good food and so underrated ...we have only one cooking show here on PBS...Maria's Portuguese table..and I just love how people have suddenly found out about kale...duh...anyway thanks again
Hi Madeline, now I know what recipe your looking for, is this it: https://portugueserecipes.ca/recipe/1008/14/Paula-s-Portuguese-Stewed-Cod-Recipe
1 Year ago