Learn how to make these delicious Portuguese fried lemon dreams (sonhos de limão).
|Preparation time||30 min|
|Cooking Time||25 min|
|Ready In||55 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
2 and 1/3 cups of flour7 eggs5 1/2 tablespoons of margarine1/4 cup of water1 pinch of salt1 stick of cinnamonZest of 1 lemonSugar and cinnamon to sprinkle Get Portuguese ingredients
- In a pot, put the water, margarine and cinnamon stick.
- Bring to a boil and let it simmer for a bit.
- Remove the cinnamon stick and add the lemon zest.
- Add the flour, stir well until forming a ball and remove from the heat.
- Place the dough in another container and let it cool.
- Once cool, add the eggs one by one knead/mix very well between each egg.
- Fry the dreams in very hot oil using a tablespoon to form small ball like shapes. (Do not put too many dreams into the frying pan at the same time as they grow.)
- After frying, sprinkle them with sugar and cinnamon to taste.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
Watch this step by step video with Michael Santos to learn how to make this delicious Madeira chestnut cake.
If you're going to São Miguel Island, this guide to 7 Days in São Miguel, Azores is for you.
This is a list of the top 10 most popular Portuguese breakfast recipes on PortugueseRecipes.ca.
A classic Portuguese recipe with pan fried steak topped with a Friday egg drizzled with a butter sauce.
The origins of coffee can be traced back to a region in Eastern Africa known as Ethiopia. A goat herder by the name of Kaldi is the subject of a well-known folk tale. After one of his goats ate berries, he noticed...
Fish is delicious and nutritious, but it can really make your home stink sometimes, here is a tip on how to get rid of fish smell in your home.