- In a pot, put the water, margarine and cinnamon stick.
- Bring to a boil and let it simmer for a bit.
- Remove the cinnamon stick and add the lemon zest.
- Add the flour, stir well until forming a ball and remove from the heat.
- Place the dough in another container and let it cool.
- Once cool, add the eggs one by one knead/mix very well between each egg.
- Fry the dreams in very hot oil using a tablespoon to form small ball like shapes. (Do not put too many dreams into the frying pan at the same time as they grow.)
- After frying, sprinkle them with sugar and cinnamon to taste.
Please Leave a Comment
You might also like
Learn how to make this light and delicious Portuguese coscorões (fried pastry) snack.
|Level of Difficulty||Very Easy|
These Azorean cinnamon buns (canelas) from dona Leonor Santos are delicious, they do take a while to make but are worth it.
|Level of Difficulty||Moderate|
How to make Portuguese fried pumpkin dreams (sonhos de abobora).
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|