Portuguese Lemon Dreams Recipe
Posted in: Snack RecipesSat, Nov 25, 2017
4 out of 5 with 8 ratings
Views: 19925 - Comments 0
2 and 1/3 cups of flour7 eggs5 1/2 tablespoons of margarine1/4 cup of water1 pinch of salt1 stick of cinnamonZest of 1 lemonSugar and cinnamon to sprinkle Get Portuguese ingredients
- In a pot, put the water, margarine and cinnamon stick.
- Bring to a boil and let it simmer for a bit.
- Remove the cinnamon stick and add the lemon zest.
- Add the flour, stir well until forming a ball and remove from the heat.
- Place the dough in another container and let it cool.
- Once cool, add the eggs one by one knead/mix very well between each egg.
- Fry the dreams in very hot oil using a tablespoon to form small ball like shapes. (Do not put too many dreams into the frying pan at the same time as they grow.)
- After frying, sprinkle them with sugar and cinnamon to taste.
Recipe & Photo Credit: cincoquartosdelaranja.com *