Portuguese Olive Bread Recipe
Posted in: Breads / Rolls
Nov 27, 2017
5 out of 5 with 2 ratings
4 cups of flour2 sachets of active dry yeast1 teaspoon of fine salt1/2 cup of olive oil1/2 cup of warm water1 large egg2 tablespoons of dried oregano leaves1/4 pound of black olives cut into slicesFlour for dusting
Get Portuguese food & other stuff
This site uses US measurements.
- Dissolve the yeast in warm water with half teaspoon of sugar.
- In a bowl, put the flour and make a hole in the middle.
- In the center place the broken egg, olive oil and salt.
- Mix everything together and add the yeast dissolved in the water.
- Knead everything very well until it is homogeneous.
- Cover with a cloth or towel and set aside in a warm place for the dough to leaven.
- After the yeast leavens, knead a little more.
- Add the oregano leaves and the olives.
- Knead again and put the dough in a baking dish previously dusted with flour.
- Form it with your hands to make a long loaf.
- Cover with a cloth and let it rise again.
- When the dough is double the size, brush with olive oil.
- Preheat oven to 170°C or 340°F and bake it for about 30 minutes.
- When the bread is baked, remove from the oven and serve.