This Portuguese style fried donuts (argolinhas fritas) recipe is very easy to make and makes a great sweet snack.
|Preparation time||40 min|
|Cooking Time||15 min|
|Ready In||55 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
2 eggs1/2 cup of sugar1/4 cup of milk and a little more if needed1/4 cup of olive oil1 shot of brandy4 cups of flourZest of 1 lemonCinnamon (to taste)Sugar (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Beat the eggs well with the sugar and mix in the milk, olive oil, brandy, lemon zest and beat it well.
- Add the flour and beat well, if the dough is to hard, add a little more milk a bit at a time until you reach the right consistency.
- It will be well mixed when it doesn't stick to your hands.
- Let the dough sit for about 30 minutes.
- Make doughnut like shapes and fry them in hot oil.
- Once fried, drain and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
Guy Fieri from the Food Network, tries Portuguese kale soup for the first time at Dana's Kitchen in Cape Cod.
This how to make bolo do caco from Madeira Island cooking video shows you how to make this delicious bread step by step.
Rissóis de camarão, Portuguese shrimp turnovers, are a staple Portuguese dish. Change up the recipe by filling them with chicken, beef or vegetables if desired.