Portuguese Style Fried Donuts Recipe
Posted in: Snack RecipesThu, Nov 30, 2017
4 out of 5 with 47 ratings
2 eggs1/2 cup of sugar1/4 cup of milk and a little more if needed1/4 cup of olive oil1 shot of brandy4 cups of flourZest of 1 lemonCinnamon (to taste)Sugar (to taste) * Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- Beat the eggs well with the sugar and mix in the milk, olive oil, brandy, lemon zest and beat it well.
- Add the flour and beat well, if the dough is to hard, add a little more milk a bit at a time until you reach the right consistency.
- It will be well mixed when it doesn't stick to your hands.
- Let the dough sit for about 30 minutes.
- Make doughnut like shapes and fry them in hot oil.
- Once fried, drain and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
Like this Recipe? Leave a comment!