Portuguese Style Spaghetti with Cod and Cream Recipe
Posted in: Pasta & Pizza
Dec 1, 2017
5 out of 5 with 2 ratings
1 cod loin8 shrimp, thawed or fresh4 tablespoons of olive oil1 red onion, cut into half moon slices1 clove of garlic, minced1 bay leafChopped parsley12 black olives1 cup of heavy cream1/2 pound of spaghettiPepper (to taste)Salt (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff This site uses US measurements.
- In a pan with boiling water, place the cod loin to cook for about 10 minutes.
- After that time, remove it with a slotted spoon to a dish and let it cool.
- Using the water you cooked the cod in, add a tablespoon of olive oil and a little salt.
- Add the spaghetti, stir with a fork and cook the time indicated on the package.
- After the spaghetti is cooked, drain it and place it under cold water to prevent it from cooking more.
- Peel the shrimp and remove the gut.
- Remove the skin and bone from the cod and shred it using your hands.
- In a frying pan, heat the remaining olive oil, onion, garlic and bay leaves.
- Stir and cook until the onion softens.
- When sautéed, add the shrimp, cod and parsley.
- Season with pepper.
- Saute well until the shrimp is cooked and changes color.
- Add the cream.
- Stir and simmer for 1 minute.
- Remove the bay leaf.
- Finally, add the spaghetti and mix everything very well.
- Remove and serve immediately.