This Portuguese chicken and bean stew (feijoada de frango) recipe makes an amazing meal for the whole family.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||40 min|
|Ready In||55 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
1 pound of red beans1 kg of chicken1 tablespoon of mild pepper sauce1 onion4 cloves of garlic1/4 cup of olive oil1 bay leaf1/2 pound of ripe tomatoes3/4 cup of white wine1 chouriçoOlive oil, salt, pepper, cumin and chopped coriander (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Soak the red beans in water and leave it over night.
- The next day, cook the beans in water with a drizzle of olive oil for about 40 minutes in a pressure cooker.
- Meanwhile, cut the chicken into pieces and season with salt and the pepper paste.
- Peel and chop the onion and garlic and sauté them in the olive oil with the bay leaf.
- Add the chicken and let it cook.
- Clean the tomatoes by removing the skins and grains, chop it and add it to the chicken.
- Add the white wine, add the choriço sausage cut in slices, and season with salt, pepper and a little cumin.
- Add the red beans and bring to a boil.
- Check seasoning.
- Remove from the heat, sprinkle with chopped coriander and serve.
I’m going to try it,it looks yummy
7 months ago, Thursday, April 13, 2023
You might also like:
In this video we go on a day trip from Lisbon to visit the beautiful Sintra to explore the magical palaces there.
Everyone is aware of the health benefits of fresh fruit juices, but no one has the time to prepare fresh fruit juices on a daily basis. As a result, people prefer to prepare large quantities of fresh fruit juices at...
Portugal is famous for its delicious dishes prepared with the most varied flavours, accompanied with some good and unforgettable sauces. Here is a list of the 8 best steakhouses in Lisbon.