Portuguese Chicken & Bean Stew Recipe
Posted in: Soup RecipesSun, Dec 3, 2017
4 out of 5 with 23 ratings
1 pound of red beans1 kg of chicken1 tablespoon of mild pepper sauce1 onion4 cloves of garlic1/4 cup of olive oil1 bay leaf1/2 pound of ripe tomatoes3/4 cup of white wine1 chouriçoOlive oil, salt, pepper, cumin and chopped coriander (to taste) * Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- Soak the red beans in water and leave it over night.
- The next day, cook the beans in water with a drizzle of olive oil for about 40 minutes in a pressure cooker.
- Meanwhile, cut the chicken into pieces and season with salt and the pepper paste.
- Peel and chop the onion and garlic and sauté them in the olive oil with the bay leaf.
- Add the chicken and let it cook.
- Clean the tomatoes by removing the skins and grains, chop it and add it to the chicken.
- Add the white wine, add the choriço sausage cut in slices, and season with salt, pepper and a little cumin.
- Add the red beans and bring to a boil.
- Check seasoning.
- Remove from the heat, sprinkle with chopped coriander and serve.
Like this Recipe? Leave a comment!