This a creamy Portuguese soup that uses spicy chouriço and collard greens with a potato base.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||1 h 15 min|
|Ready In||1 h 30 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
6 large potatoes, peeled and cubed4 cups low sodium chicken broth1 large spicy chouriço sausage6 cups cold water2 garlic cloves1 large onion, quartered1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper1 tablespoon olive oil1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder1⁄2 teaspoon paprika1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder6 large kale leaves or 4 -6 cups of shredded collard greens or kale Get Portuguese ingredients
- Remove the hard stalk from the collard greens or kale and set aside. Cut the leaves lengthwise into several strips. Stack the strips then cut into very thin strips.
- In a large deep pot, add the whole sausage, potatoes, collard greens or kale stalks, onion, garlic, water, broth, oil and seasonings. Cook on medium heat until the potatoes are tender.
- Remove the sausage from the broth and cut into thin slices then set aside. Remove the kale stocks, then discard.
- Using an immersion blender, puree the soup until smooth and lump free.
- Add the kale and sausage slices to the soup, and cook on medium until the collard greens or kale is tender. Adjust seasoning if necessary.
There are no comments for this recipe.