Portuguese Caldo Verde Soup Recipe
- Remove the hard stalk from the kale and set aside. Cut the leaves lengthwise into several strips. Stack the strips then cut into very thin strips.
- In a large deep pot, add the whole sausage, potatoes, kale stalks, onion, garlic, water, broth, oil and seasonings. Cook on medium heat until the potatoes are tender.
- Remove the sausage from the broth and cut into thin slices then set aside. Remove the kale stocks, then discard.
- Using an immersion blender, puree the soup until smooth and lump free.
- Add the kale and sausage slices to the soup, and cook on medium until the kale is tender. Adjust seasoning if necessary.
You Might Also Like These