Portuguese Carrot Cake-Pudding Recipe
Posted in: Cakes / Cheesecakes
Dec 4, 2017
4 out of 5 with 6 ratings
5 eggs3 large carrots1 cup of brown sugar1 tablespoon of honey1 cup of natural yogurt3/4 cup of heavy cream1 cup of flour1 cup of cornstarch 1 tablespoon of margarine1 tablespoon of olive oil1 teaspoon of ground cinnamonRasp of 1 lemon
Get groceries & other stuff
This site uses US measurements.
- Peel the carrots, cut them into slices and cook them covered with a little water.
- When they are well cooked, reduce the carrots to puree and put aside.
- Beat the eggs well with sugar and honey, add the melted butter, olive oil, cinnamon, lemon zest and beat some more.
- Add the yogurt, the cream and carrot puree (already cooled) and beat again.
- Finally, gradually add the pre-mixed flours and beat the preparation until it bubbles.
- Pour the preparation into a pre-greased and floured form and place it in the oven at 170°C or 340°F for about 40 minutes or until it's done (do the toothpick test).
- When the cake is done, remove from the oven and allow it to cool before unmolding.