Portuguese Donuts (Malassadas) Recipe
- First, make the yeast by mixing everything together and set aside.
- Next, heat the milk and butter in a pan until the butter melts.
- In a large bowl, put the eggs, salt, lemon extract and sugar and beat with an electric mixer for 2 minutes.
- Then, add the milk, butter and mix for half a minute.
- Add the yeast, the flour, mix with your hands and knead.
- Cover for 20 minutes.
- Fold the dough over after 20 minutes and wait until it doubles in size.
- In a deep fryer, heat the oil, take one piece of the dough at a time, stretch it out and fry it until golden brown.
- Once fried, dust it with sugar.
You Might Also Like These