This Portuguese cod with chouriço sausage recipe (receita de bacalhau com chouriço) brings the best of both worlds together.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||25 min|
|Ready In||40 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
1 pound of soaked and shredded cod5 ounces of chouriço sausage4 small potatoes1 onion1 small chilli pepper2 garlic cloves1 sprig of coriander1 bay leaf1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oilSalt and pepper (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Lightly saute the onion in thin slices, the chopped garlic, the chopped chilli and the bay leaf in the olive oil.
- Add the sliced sausage and the shredded cod and let it fry a little.
- Add the chopped potatoes and some hot water.
- Cover the pan and cook on low heat.
- When the potatoes are cooked, add the chopped coriander, season with salt and pepper (to taste) and remove from the heat.
Enjoy your food!
You might also like:
On this video, Nancy shows you how to make Portuguese corn spikes (carrilhos), a delicious and popular cookie/biscuit.
Even though Spanish and French are the two most widely spoken Romance languages in the world, the Portuguese language is the third most significant Romance language and the fifth most spoken language in the world,...
Do you want to increase your abilities to cook meals? You can make arrangements for your class while on vacation. Cooking lessons are available for holidaymakers to take advantage of. This course will teach you how...
Winter / Christmas in Lisbon, Portugal. One of the best things about Portugal during the winter season is that the country is not covered by the dark skies – this makes it stand apart from other countries in Europe.
This is a list of the top 5 most popular Portuguese appetizer recipes on PortugueseRecipes.ca.
These 5 affordable last minute kitchen gift ideas are available on both Amazon US and Amazon Canada, you will be redirected to whichever country you are from when clicking on a item.