Portuguese Caramel Cake Recipe
Posted in: Cakes / Cheesecakes
Dec 5, 2017
0 out of 5 with ratings
3/4 cup of sugar3/4 cup of heavy cream3/4 cup of milk1 cup of butter at room temperature6 large eggs1 and 1/4 cups of sugar2 cups of flour1 tablespoon of baking powder5 tablespoons of grated dry coconut1 high cake form, previously greased with butter and dusted with flourTopping:1 can of cooked condensed milk, about 1 3/4 cups2 to 3 tablespoons of instant coffee3 tablespoons of heavy creamCoffee beans to decorate
Get these Ingredients at Amazon.com
- On a small pan, add about 1/4 cup of water and the 3/4 cup of sugar.
- Stir and boil until it reaches the caramel point.
- When the caramel is very dark, turn off the heat.
- Carefully add the cream, stir and finally add the milk and let it cool for about 15 minutes.
- In a bowl, put the butter (chopped into pieces) and the 1 cup of sugar and beat until it becomes very creamy.
- While beating, seperate the egg yolks from the whites and add the egg yolks one by one to the cream.
- Gradually and alternately, add the caramel, grated coconut, flour and baking powder and beat until everything is well mixed.
- In another bowl, beat the egg whites and carefully add them to the cake dough and put the dough in the cake form.
- Preheat oven to 165ºC and bake for 1 hour.
For the topping:
- Put the condensed milk and coffee in a bowl and beat at full speed for 2 minutes.
- After that, add the 3 tablespoons of cream and beat a little more until the cream is homogeneous.
- Store the cream in the refrigerator.
- After 1 hour, make sure the cake is cooked with a toothpick and remove it.
- Unmold and allow it to cool.
- Once the cake is cold, cover it with the topping and decorate to taste with the coffee beans.