Portuguese Stuffed Bread Recipe
Posted in: Breads / Rolls
Dec 6, 2017
0 out of 5 with ratings
1 Alentejo bread (or other bread that is high)1 ripe tomatoMozarella cheese (to taste)1/2 chopped onion1/2 cup of white wine1 bay leafOregano (to taste)Bacon, cut into small pieces (to taste) Fresh mushrooms cut into quarters (to taste)Cooked shrimp kernels (meat) (to taste)
Get these Ingredients at Amazon.com
- Open a lid at the top of the bread and remove all the crumb from the inside.
- Place the bread in the center of a baking tray and arrange the crumbly bits and the lid around it.
- In a pan with a little olive oil, sauté the onion, when it's transparent, add the diced tomatoes cut into cubes and the bay leaf.
- Stir well and combine the mushrooms, bacon and shrimp.
- Sprinkle with the white wine and sprinkle with oregano and let it cook until the bacon is cooked.
- Check the seasoning and remove from the heat.
- Put some mozarella cheese inside the bread at the bottom, and fill the bread with the mixture from the pan.
- Top it off with some more mozarella cheese and sprinkle with oregano.
- Bake it in the oven at 180°C or 350°F until the cheese is melted.