Portuguese Coffee & Walnut Roll Recipe
Posted in: Cake RecipesWed, Dec 6, 2017
3 out of 5 with 11 ratings
2 tablespoons of butter9 tablespoons of sugar2 tablespoons of cocoa powder3 eggs1 cup of strong cold coffee9 tablespoons of all-purpose flour1 tablespoon of baking powder4 tablespoons of chopped walnutsMargarine, flour and sugar (to taste) * Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC or 350ºF.
- Beat the butter with the sugar until creamy.
- Add the cocoa powder, the yolks, the coffee and continue to beat.
- Add the flour with the baking powder and the chopped nuts, stirring very well.
- Beat and add the egg whites gently to the dough and mix well.
- Put the dough in a greased and flour-dusted tray (cookie sheet type) and bake for 20 minutes.
- Unmold on a damp cloth sprinkled with a little sugar and roll it up.
Put a layer of melted chocolate with coffee before you roll it up.
Like this Recipe? Leave a comment!