Portuguese Coffee & Walnut Roll Recipe
Posted in: CakesWed, Dec 6, 2017
3 out of 5 with 13 ratings
Views: 18295 - Comments 1
This Portuguese coffee and walnut roll recipe (receita de torta de café e nozes) is delicious and has a very unique taste.
|Preparation time||20 min|
|Cooking Time||20 min|
|Ready In||40 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
2 tablespoons of butter9 tablespoons of sugar2 tablespoons of cocoa powder3 eggs1 cup of strong cold coffee9 tablespoons of all-purpose flour1 tablespoon of baking powder4 tablespoons of chopped walnutsMargarine, flour and sugar (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC or 350ºF.
- Beat the butter with the sugar until creamy.
- Add the cocoa powder, the yolks, the coffee and continue to beat.
- Add the flour with the baking powder and the chopped nuts, stirring very well.
- Beat and add the egg whites gently to the dough and mix well.
- Put the dough in a greased and flour-dusted tray (cookie sheet type) and bake for 20 minutes.
- Unmold on a damp cloth sprinkled with a little sugar and roll it up.
Put a layer of melted chocolate with coffee before you roll it up.
Recipe & Photo Credit: impala.pt *
Member since Oct 1, 2015