Portuguese Orange & Carrot Cake Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC or 350ºF.
- Peel the carrots and then grate them.
- In a shredder, blender or similar, add the grated carrot, the thin peel of the orange and the oil and blend everything into a paste.
- Beat the sugar with the eggs and then add part of the flour, part of the carrot mixture, the rest of the flour and the rest of the carrot preparation, beating between each addition.
- Add the baking powder and stir.
- Grease a form with butter and dust it with flour.
- Pour the prepared batter into the form and bake until cooked (between 45/50 minutes).
- While the cake cools, heat the sugar and the juices from the oranges and lemon until the sugar dissolves.
- Unmold the cake from the form and drizzle it with the syrup.
Join our "New" monthly Newsletter, Click Here!
You Might Also Like These