This Portuguese green bean and mint soup recipe (receita de sopa de feijão verde e hortelã) is delicious and healthy.
1 and 1/2 pounds of potatoes2 onions3 garlic cloves1/4 cup of olive oil1/2 pound of green beans2 tomatoes1 tablespoon of butter1 sprig of mint2 tablespoons olive oilSalt, pepper, mint and olive oil (to taste)Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- Clean the beans and cut into pieces, cook the beans in water with a little salt, drain the beans and put the broth aside.
- Peel the potatoes, onions and garlic, chop everything coarsely and saute in the olive oil.
- Add half of the reserved bean broth and cook for 20 minutes.
- Blend everything and season with salt and pepper.
- Remove the skins and seeds from the tomatoes, cut it into pieces and sauté with the butter along with a minced mint leaf.
- Add to the soup, as well as the beans.
- Serve it decorated with mint and a string of olive oil.
Like this Recipe? Leave a comment!
There are no comments for this recipe.