This Portuguese green bean and mint soup recipe (receita de sopa de feijão verde e hortelã) is delicious and healthy.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||40 min|
|Ready In||55 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
1 and 1/2 pounds of potatoes2 onions3 garlic cloves1/4 cup of olive oil1/2 pound of green beans2 tomatoes1 tablespoon of butter1 sprig of mint2 tablespoons olive oilSalt, pepper, mint and olive oil (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Clean the beans and cut into pieces, cook the beans in water with a little salt, drain the beans and put the broth aside.
- Peel the potatoes, onions and garlic, chop everything coarsely and saute in the olive oil.
- Add half of the reserved bean broth and cook for 20 minutes.
- Blend everything and season with salt and pepper.
- Remove the skins and seeds from the tomatoes, cut it into pieces and sauté with the butter along with a minced mint leaf.
- Add to the soup, as well as the beans.
- Serve it decorated with mint and a string of olive oil.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
On June 10th, Portugal commemorates the death of Luís de Camões in 1580. Camões wrote the Lusiads, Portugal's national epic celebrating the country's achievements.
Check out some of the amazing food at Famous Churrascaria Portuguese BBQ & Grill Family Restaurant on 144 Rodman St. in Fall River.
Aprenda a fazer esta receita de feijoada à Portuguesa.