This Azores style beef stew recipe (receita de carne guisada Acoriana) is from the Island of Pico.
|Preparation time||10 min|
|Cooking Time||45 min|
|Ready In||2 h 55 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
2 lbs chuck beef, cut into bite-size cubes6 garlic cloves, chopped1 tablespoon paprikaSalt and pepper to taste1/2 pound potatoes2 Tablespoon olive oil2 onions, chopped4 garlic cloves1 tablespoon tomato paste1 cup white wine1 bay leaf1 teaspoon cumin1 cinnamon stickCarrots, chopped (optional)2 cups of beef broth Get Portuguese ingredients
- Toss the meat, garlic, paprika, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste in a large bowl, combine well and let rest in the refrigerator for a couple of hours.
- Sauté the onions and other garlic cloves in a pan on medium heat with the rest of the olive oil until browned.
- Add the tomato paste and cook another minute or so, then add the wine, stir it well.
- Let it simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the meat, potatoes and carrots to the pressure cooker.
- Add the onion, garlic, tomato and wine mixture on top, pour in the broth, add the bay leaf, cumin, and cinnamon stick and stir it all together.
- Close up the pressure cooker and cook on high heat for 30 minutes.
- Let it sit for 5 minutes. Serve while hot.