This delicious Portuguese coffee pudding recipe (receita de pudim de café) is very easy to make, enjoy.
Caramel:1/2 cup of sugar1 cup of water1 tablespoon of lemon juicePudding:2 and 3/4 cups of milk3 teaspoons of instant coffee7 eggs3/4 cup of sugar1 tablespoon flourPeel from 1 lemon.Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- Heat the sugar, water and lemon juice in the pudding form until it turns into a clear caramel.
- While still very hot, spread the caramel all over the pudding form.
- Preheat oven to 180°C or 350°F.
- Warm up the milk with the lemon peel and instant coffee and put aside (don't boil).
- Mix the sugar with the flour, add the eggs one by one and beat well.
- Then add the milk with the coffee to it and remove the lemon peel.
- Pour everything into the pudding form, cover and bake in a water bath for about 40 to 50 minutes.
- Allow it to cool before unmolding.
Like this Recipe? Leave a comment!
Hi Eddy, for line number 4 on instructions; it says stir milk with coffee and lemon peel and put aside; do I heat this up while stirring? Or it’s done cold?
4 months ago, Tuesday, March 29, 2022