This amazing coconut tart recipe (receita de tarte de coco) takes less than 35 minutes to make and makes a great sugary snack.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||20 min|
|Ready In||35 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Very Easy|
For the dough:1 cup of flour1 tablespoon of margarine1 pinch of saltWater (to taste)For the filling:1 cup of water1 cup of grated coconut2 cups of sugar4 eggs + 1 yolk Get Portuguese ingredients
- Preheat the over to 180C or 350F.
- Add the flour, margarine and salt with the water and mix well to make the dough.
- Once the dough is done, roll it out and put it in a pie pan and set aside.
- To make the filling, boil the sugar with the water until it turns into a syrup.
- Let it cool, add the eggs and the yolk and stir, then finally add the coconut and mix.
- Put the prepared filling in the pie pan and bake for about 20 minutes.
You might also like:
Top 10 Ingredients most Used in Portuguese cuisine. Portuguese cuisine is known for its use of fresh, high-quality ingredients that reflect the country's coastal location and rich culinary history.
Watch Nancy step by step as she shows you how to make carne de porco à Alentejana (Portuguese pork and clams).
Thanksgiving Day, annual national holiday in the United States and Canada celebrating the harvest and other blessings of the past year.
On this video, Nancy shows you how to make Portuguese roasted pumpkin seeds.
Braga is a city of huge beauty and heritage richness, which combines tradition with innovation, the memory to the youth, creativity to conservatism.
This list of the top 5 most popular seafood recipes is put together using the amount of views on PortugueseRecipes.ca.