This Portuguese butter and vanilla cookies recipe (receita de bolachas de manteiga e baunilha) is quick to make and a great treat for the holidays.
3/4 cup of butter1 cup of brown sugar2 eggs3 cups of flour3 and 1/2 tablespoons of cornstarch6 tablespoons of milk1 tablespoon vanilla extractPowered sugar, to sprinkle (to taste)Parchment paper to cover trayGet Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- Beat the butter well with the sugar until you get a creamy misture, add the vanilla extract, the previously mixed eggs, milk and beat again.
- Mix the flours and gradually add them to the previous preparation, mix well until you get a ball of dough tat doesn't stick to your hands.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and let it rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 170°C or 340°F.
- Stretch the dough with a roll on a floured surface to the desired thickness.
- Mold the cookies with shapes and arrange in the tray previously lined with the parchment paper.
- The dough left over from the cutouts is reattached and stretched to make more cookies.
- Bake for about 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow the cookies to cool on a rack.
- Sprinkle with the powdered sugar or garnish to taste.
Please Leave a Comment
There are no comments for this recipe.