This Portuguese roasted chicken with vegetables recipe (receita de frango assado com legumes) is not only delicious, it is also very easy to make.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||50 min|
|Ready In||1 h 5 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
2 carrots, sliced½ green pepper, sliced into small pieces1 medium onion, chopped2 garlic cloves, mincedCherry tomatoes (to taste)Small new potatoes (to taste)1 chicken, split in 8 pieces1 bay leafRed hot pepper sauce (to taste)½ cup of white wine½ cup of waterOlive oil and salt (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC or 350ºF.
- Season the chicken pieces with the garlic, bay leaf, salt, pepper sauce and set aside.
- In a tray, add some olive oil to the bottom of it and add the vegetables on top.
- Season with a little salt and drizzle with some olive oil.
- Over the vegetables, place the chicken and drizzle a little more olive oil.
- Pour the ½ glass of wine and the ½ glass of water over it.
- Let it cook and from time to time turn the chicken so it cooks on both sides.
- When the chicken starts gaining color, add the potatoes.
- It should take about 50 minutes to cook the chicken.
You might also like:
How to make a Francesinha sandwich, a mouthwatering culinary creation that hails from the city of Porto in Portugal. Often referred to as the "little French girl," this indulgent sandwich is a local favorite and a...
On this video, Nancy from DIYwithnancyg shows you how to make the popular and delicious Portuguese sweet bread (massa sovada).
Over the years, the Azoreans have developed a cultivation technique that is 100% free of chemical products. The result is considered to be one of the best pineapples in the world.